Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fishing Fun Family Weekend

Last weekend was the annual Gibson get together. Ed's siblings all meet at the cabin in Madisonville and fish, play bocce and drink a few beers. This year I obviously had so much fun that I forgot to take many pictures! I'm glad I did document who did the real fishing though...the girls! Laura and Emily did the lion's share of fishing while the boys were off playing golf everyday! Thank goodness Laura brought up some some shrimp and oysters from Florida to help round out the weekend's catch. As usual the weekend went too fast and everyone had a great time.




Henry and Aunt Emily and Aunt Laura.



It was a little hot last weekend.




Henry took this picture!


I can't believe it took him his long to finally give me the paparazzi hand.



Maggie and Jack.



Henry and Maggie played keep away with the sticks.


Henry lost this round.


Like I said, it was a little hot.





Fisher keeping cool in the shade of the stroller with his new, and appropriate, "catch of the day" onesie from Aunt Emily.


Maggie keeping cool.


I think she looks a little Loch Ness Monster-esque.



Getting some pointers from Aunt Laura.



Maggie keeping an eye on the fish.



Belly.


Cousin Julie and Baby Owen.


Uncle Jon, his nephew and Henry's new friend, Matthew. I was going to try to explain Jon's outfit, but he's just going to have to do that for himself.


More belly.


Matthew, Henry and Henry's new 'noculars. (Thanks Aunt Emily!)





The men on the dock.


Poppy and Henry.


Catching Matthew.


I'm going to...


catch...


Poppy!


Giving Ommy a warm welcome.




The herron? crane? that was hanging around all weekend.


Good bye everyone.


We had a great time.


Can't wait until next year.

Like I said, I must have been having such a good time that I didn't take pictures of everything, I totally missed the actual fish fry. I didn't get any pictures of Uncle Kenny and his girlfriend Shelia, of Jeremy, or of cousin Otto. Next year!!

No comments: