Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flowers for Mama

I am one lucky Mama, Henry ALWAYS brings me flowers. From the time the first blooms appear he picks any flower in sight and gleefully brings them to me. I have little shot glasses of water around the kitchen window holding an array of specially picked dandelions. I find them in his cubby at school because he has picked them and is saving them for me later. I have dead ones in my cup holder in my car, the remains of some in the bottom of my purse, some go through the wash, forgotten in my pockets. We've had a couple of cases of not understanding what is a "pickable" flower and I've had to run to catch him as he is getting ready to pick a bloom of someone's carefully planted potted flowers, but I think he understands now what is free, and my favorite, to pick.



No comments: