Monday, November 16, 2009

Keeneland, Fall 2009 Meet

**Very happy to report that for my birthday my loving husband bought me a new lens...so I'm back! There are some stragglers, I know for a fact the next post is almost all pictures with the point and shoot and/or iphone...but in general...you will not have to read anymore of my sad disclaimers that the quality of my photos aren't up to snuff. YAY!***


Once there was just one little boy at Keeneland...



and now he is a big big boy...



...then there was a little baby who started going to Keeneland with us...



...and now he is a big boy too.



And those two big boys are big buddies...and big race fans!


{who wants to go to the track??}







This meet we got to meet JON COURT...Henry's favorite jockey. (and if you know Henry, you know he knows his jockeys!)




we also got to meet Julien Leperoux. We told him we love to say his name Julien LaPAROOO.

They were so nice, as all the jockeys we meet are. Julien is up for the Eclipse Award and was the top rider at the Breeder's Cup. I'll say it again, one of the toughest jobs in the world...in what other occupation does an ambulance follow you while you work?





In the paddock...the leaves are changing...you'll see them really change as you read on...


We did something fun this time...we parked on the back side of the track and watched a few races from there...just a couple other people, no announcers...it was so quiet...




....and then it was like a huge noisy imposing beautiful freight train...






...and then it was gone.




The trees have really gotten red.


2 time Kentucky Derby champ Calvin Borel...he never seems to have a care in the world...or that he is getting ready to go race a million dollar one ton horse...






Henry asked me once when Fisher was a baby if he was going to like horse racing too. I said probably, but he might have other interests that come before horses...and he might, but he is reminding me an awful lot of another little boy I knew at this age! Instead of calling them "Heees" like Henry did, Fisher just calls them "HO!".




Last race of the 2009 Fall meet.



As always, we loved every minute, and it went by too fast.

"And they're off!"

No comments: