Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Blueberry Helmet

I think Henry's outfit for Halloween was completely cute and successful...but I had planned on one more part...a helmet. I spent the better part of Halloween day running around brainstorming on how to make a helmet. I ended up buying a big styrofoam ball, cut in in half, hallowed it out with a spoon, bought fabric to cover it, even covered a button in another color for the top and burnt my fingers on hot glue pretty good in the process...only to put the hat on his head for the final fitting and realized it just looked like a big juicy silly blueberry and not a fearless jockey's helmet...so I scrapped it.

Luckily the next morning, Henry didn't let all my hard work go in vain....horses need to keep their noggins safe too don't they?



No comments: